Sunday, July 4, 2010

BOSTON POPS TRADITION

I just finished watching the Boston Pops. It's a family tradition that started over 12 years ago with my in-laws. It's AMAZING! And this year's display and music was no exception. Toby Keith was the guest artist! I really enjoy his music! And when he sang "American Soldier" I cried. I just wish he'd also sang "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue"! :-) The colors and songs with the fireworks were spectacular. Scott said that maybe someday he'd take me to the Boston Pops LIVE! Wouldn't that be something?! :-) I think it would be a GREAT job to pick the music and organize the display for a show like this! I loved that they played the song "Go the Distance" from Disney's Hercules. I think the gold fireworks are my favorite! But the reds and purples are pretty AWESOME too!

The only thing that could have made this show better was if I was with my family watching it. I sure do miss my family on a day like today! Celebrating and holidays are something we like to do together!!!!

I did splurge tonight and ate two Ritz crackers while I watched the fireworks. Yum! And I don't feel like purging them either! :-)

1 comment:

  1. We watched it and enjoyed it too, but we missed you a ton. It is suppose to be a family day. I can't wait til next week.

    ReplyDelete