Sunday, June 6, 2010

DAY 3 - SATURDAY - 6-5-10

Saturday was "leave the hospital" day, and Mom and I were ready long before the hospital personnel.

Breakfast was a litle more welcome. I sipped the herb tea and ate a few mini-bites of my lemon jello. One sip of broth was enough - absolutely zero flavor. I'm surprised that I'm not hungry. THe last ten years I lived life around my food....

It's also interesting that my blood sugars have ranged from 110-160 units, and that's withouteating anything. They say the meds and IV matter. It will be so interesting to see what happens with that factor when I get home.

"Leave the Hospital Day" was also "Shower Day!" - Hip-Hip-Hooray! I think showers are like pain medication. It really helps me "forget" the pain while the warm water runs over me.

Watch out Joanne! Here I come!

2 comments:

  1. This is a very brave thing you are doing Sunny. I am so proud of you. It's like joining the church. It's more than believing that it's true, it is doing, becoming a whole new you. This is a very significant emotional, physical, spiritual and pyscological experience you are embarking on. You are setting out to become a whole new you. BRAVO!! Love you, Aunt Christel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showers have always helped you cope with your pain. They certainly do help you relax. I Love you!

    ReplyDelete